If you needed any more proof that a video testimonial is the right step forward for your business, perhaps these video testimonial statistics below will convince you!
- In 2013, 76% of US brands placed creating video content a priority over social media and blogging (Social Media Examiner)
- Two-thirds of Twitter users said that they thought it was worth watching a video tweeted by companies and brands they follow (Twitter)
- A website visitor will stay, on average, two minutes longer on a site after they watch a video (Comscore)
- Branded video content reaches nearly half (46%) of all internet users in the UK. More than half of these people (54%) go on to click though to the brand’s website (Econsultancy)
- 80% of internet users recall watching a video advert on a website they visited in the past 30 days; 46% took some action after viewing the advert (Online Publishers Association)
- Video promotion is over 6 times more effective than print and online (b2bmarketing.net)
- A minute of video is worth 1.8 million words (Forrester Research)
- 81% of senior marketing executives now use online video content in their marketing programmes, up from 70% in 2011 (MarketingProfs)
- 51% of online users between the ages of 18-44 would look up a new product or brand if they saw it mentioned in an online video (Direct Marketing News)
- 65% of senior executives have visited a company’s website after watching a video (Forbes)
- 4 in 10 shoppers visited a store online or in person as a direct result of watching a video (ReelSEO)
Likewise, here’s the power of the testimonial in more statistics:
- 90% of respondents who recalled reading online reviews claimed that positive online reviews influenced buying decisions (Dimensional Research)
- Customer testimonials (89%) and case studies (88%) are the most effective content marketing tactics (Schulze)
So there you have it! Video is an emerging trend that not enough businesses are taking advantage of. Therefore, a video testimonial will more than likely put you one step ahead of your competition.
It’s a compelling medium; as the statistics say above, more people are likely to take action as a result of watching a video, it engages their attention for longer, and they are more likely to watch it in the first instance.
In addition, a testimonial has been demonstrated as an effective marketing tactic to encourage and influence potential customers to take the next step and place their business with you.
So the two together is a lethal combination, which will directly benefit a business’ bottom line. It’s important that the testimonial is natural, genuine footage, with a selected client that can effectively promote the best of your offering. The company you choose to film your video should be able to advise you on how to get the most out of it, and understand what you are trying to achieve with the finished product.
Once complete, make the most of it. Slice and dice, and use in as many ways as you can, on your website, emails, social media, company videos etc. You’ve made the investment, now make it pay for you.
Above all, enjoy the benefits that a video testimonial brings you. From experience, you will be surprised at who, and how many, have viewed it, and can guarantee you will be delighted at the feedback.
If you need any more convincing, just get in touch with us, and let us show you how a video testimonial could work for you.